Sunday, January 29, 2012

Forgot to Take My Meds: The World at a Distance

This morning I was meeting a friend for brunch.  I don't normally meet people for brunch, which means that this was an alteration of my morning routine.  When my routine is altered, I forget to do things.  Such as, I forget to take the medications that help me to remember what my morning routine is.

In my case, of course, it's not just a question of forgetting my Vyvanse, which is bad enough.  It also meant forgetting to take my lamictal and my Abilify.  I didn't realize I'd done this until I'd been on the road for half an hour, when I started to wonder why I was feeling so out of it.  By the time I was done with brunch, I felt like everything was a hundred feet away.

As the day wore on, I also felt sad and anxious.  When I got home from brunch it was early afternoon.  I doled out my meds and put them in the little bowl that I use to make sure I have all of them.  Then I forgot about them for another few hours.

Then I removed the Vyvanse, since I'm sure not to sleep well if I take that at 5 pm, and took my lamictal, my Abilify, and my allergy meds.  I'm feeling better already; calmer, more stable, and less sad.  Maybe lamictal just doesn't have much of a half-life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!