Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gottman Institute Comes Through (WAS Frustration with "Gottman Certified" Marriage Counselors)

This post originally was about my frustrating experience with the Gottman institute regarding our incompetent marriage counselor.  He had been misrepresented by his clinic director as having "advanced training and certification" in the Gottman method of couples counseling, when in fact he had neither.  In order to seek redress from this situation, we needed a letter from the Gottman institute stating that fact.

Due to star-crossed emails, as well as a manager being out of the country, I didn't receive any communication from the Gottman Institute regarding this matter.  After what seemed like no communication, I got peeved, and ranted about it where I rant about everything -- this blog. 

This morning, I did receive an email promising the letter we need.  It turns out that the Gottman folks sent us an email, but gmail ate it (it's been doing that lately).   They restated the offer to help us find a real Gottman therapist, and better yet, the chain of command is getting involved.

I thus retract my rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!