Tuesday, August 23, 2011

100 mgs of Lamictal: Sleep, Appetite, Exercise

I titrated up to 100 mgs of lamictal yesterday, and not a moment too soon.

I've been sleeping better than I have been for the last several days.  I've been falling asleep by 2 am, sleeping through the night, and waking up (with my alarm) around 10:00.  Waking up seems harder than it has been.  My body wants to sleep until 11.  I don't know if this is fatigue from getting back into my weight lifting routine, or if I'm not sleeping as well as I think I am, or if the med is just making me sleep longer.

My appetite in the mornings is even worse than it's been.  This morning I got up at ten, fell asleep on the couch, woke up again at 11, and have been trying to finish breakfast off and on ever since.  It's now 3 pm.  Eating in the morning just feels like a chore.

The appetite thing is impacting my exercise (and probably my sleep too).  When you're doing strength training, you need to eat in order to build your muscles.  If you don't eat, you make yourself vulnerable to injury, and you also feel tired.  And in my case, if I don't exercise enough, my sleep phase gets even farther out of whack.

I've also been feeling dizzy and out of it today.  Could be the lamictal -- both of those are potential side effects -- or it could be the lack of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!