Thursday, July 28, 2011

MCBT Homework and ADHD

I'm taking this class in mindfulness-based cognitive behavioral therapy.  I feel like it's helpful -- I certainly feel calmer after meditating -- but on the other hand, the class started just after I began lamictal.  I can't tell what's the drug and what's the meditation.

The class requires homework, and I'm having trouble remembering to do it.  Maybe blogging about it will help.



This week, I'm supposed to do a sitting meditation and a yoga mediation on alternate days.  I'm also supposed to do a three minute meditation three times a day at specific times.  And, I'm supposed to write down an unpleasant experience every day.  Last week, I was supposed to write down pleasant experiences, and I forgot.  Which is not to say that I didn't have any, I just didn't write them down.

Have I mentioned how much I HATE writing things down?

Anyway, this week I'm putting everything in my google calendar and setting reminders for myself.  THen, instead of writing things down by hand in my little workbook, I'll type them up here.

If you have ADHD, and you've got any great tips for remembering things, please share them in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!