Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lamictal Day 2: 25 mgs

My doctor tells me that Teva is actually the only generic that has the same bioavailability as name brand Lamictal, so I took 25 mgs today.  So far, so good.

Yesterday my mood slumped during the late afternoon/early evening, which is typical, but the slump seemed worse than usual.  After I ate dinner I felt fine, so perhaps it was just low blood sugar.

I also had a bit of a scare last night when my chest and belly started itching.  I scratched the itch, and it turned red, and I thought, is this the dreaded rash?  On the other hand, sometimes I just get dermatitis, and the itchiness was within the realm of normal for me.  I figured I'd give it until this morning before worrying about it.  Lo and behold, the rash was gone an hour after I stopped scratching it.

My mouth is pretty dry, and it tastes like something died in it sometimes, but that's what water and gum are for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!