Friday, April 27, 2012

The Dangers of Blue Light: Careful With That iPad

Last fall, I thought I was getting away with something when I watched videos on my iPad at night.  In spite of the blue light emitted by iPads that can be so dangerous to the sleep phases of modd-disordered persons, there I was, sleeping normally.  I theorized that maybe the screen was too small to emit enough light to screw me up.

I now theorize that I was wrong.  My current theory is that I'd been watching videos, which are obviously not all emitting pure white or blue light all the time.  Much of the time, indeed, the colors on the screen can be quite dark.

The same is not true if you're using the iPad as a reading device.  Then, it's straight-up black text on a white background.  Then, you stay up until 2 am reading.  Then, you can't fall asleep before 2 am for the next two weeks; and then, the trend shows no sign of stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!