Sunday, March 18, 2012

DST, Mood, Cognition, and Sleep

I love Daylight Savings Time.  Even though it doesn't actually add more daylight to the day, that extra hour in the evening does a lot for my overall well-being.  

That being said, It's a week later and I'm still a bit jet-lagged.  I'm having a bit more trouble falling asleep at night, and getting up an hour later than I would like -- 9:30 instead of 8:30.  When I have to get up at 8:30 it's a struggle.

When I stayed up all night and watched the sun rise on the Winter Solstice, I reset my clock so I was getting up without an alarm, at 8:30 every morning.  This is by far the earliest I've ever gotten up without an alarm.  In former days, I would sleep until 10 or 11 at least.

I wonder if I need to watch another sunrise to let my body reset?  Or if I have to pull another all-night vigil?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!