Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy First Psychoversary to Me!

I've made it past the one-year mark of my first (and worst) psychotic episode!

I know that I've been doing better this year -- no delusions in October that get progressively worse through November -- but I've nonetheless been very apprehensive about early December.  That's when it all hit the fan last year.  That's when I had to start covering things in foil.  That's when I went on Abilify for the first time.  And it wasn't as an "add-on treatment for depression", and it wasn't as a mood stabilizer like this year.  It was an antipsychotic.  I was taking it to control my psychotic delusions.

I've still been moody as hell.  The lamictal has helped a lot, though clearly not enough; As I've titrated up, my mood has risen and stabilized, only to fall and destabilize as the sunlight decreases.  But I haven't had a single delusion.

I received my diagnosis of psychotic depression one year ago today.  Passing this milestone feels huge to me, like I can begin hoping for a full recovery.  I feel like I deserve to celebrate!  Any ideas how one celebrates a psychoversary?  Please, please share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!