Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lamictal 300 mgs: Dark Thoughts

Several months ago, I wrote about why I didn't realize my depression was worsening: because I was nowhere near The Pit.  Like a lot of depressives, when I get depressed I feel like I'm falling, as if I'm circling a dark pit, as if I'm falling into it.  Or at least I used to.  Before my psychotic episode I had no such feeling, and it didn't occur to me that I was headed for trouble.

I've been at a loss to describe what did happen to me last year.  But last night I had just a brief glimpse of it.  This horrible feeling welled up for a few minutes, kind of like what happened last year but nowhere near as serious ... it felt like ... like ...

It felt like I was being engulfed by a wave of devouring darkness.  It's not falling into The Pit.  Trust me, they're totally different.  Believe me, the devouring darkness is worse.  But this being me and all, I felt better immediately when I could assign a dramatic metaphor to what I was feeling.

And yes.  If it happens again, or lasts more than five minutes, I'll be calling my shrink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!