Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lamictal 300, Ativan 1.25 mgs

Last week I wrote that I'd been feeling tired and lethargic.  I thought it might be titrating up to 300 mgs of lamictal.  Or maybe the time change.  Or maybe that I'd let my exercise routine slide.

A few days later I had another thought.  Maybe it was a hangover effect from the Ativan I take for sleep?  My pdoc had recently increased my dose, from 1.0 mg to 1.5 mgs.  When I first started taking it, he warned me that there could be a hangover effect.  Maybe Ativan was my problem.

The problem is that 1 mg of Ativan isn't enough to help me sleep.  1.5 mgs might be too much.  Maybe 1.25 was the answer -- but pills are 1 mg, with scoring down the middle so they can easily be broken in half.  Would it even be possible to break one half of a pill into equal halves?

The answer, I am here to tell you, is yes.  I used a pill cutter, but a sufficiently sharp knife would work.  1.25 mgs works just dandy.  I can fall asleep, and I'm not lethargic and logy the next day.  It's a good thing. 

In case you've never seen a pill cutter, here's what one looks like:


A standard pill cutter.  




If you take a lot of meds, you will probably need a pill cutter someday.  I got mine at Walgreens.  The one above links to Amazon.com, because I figured since I'm using the image without permission I should link it. 

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: If you buy this from my link, I will not earn any sort of royalty or commission -- I used to have an Amazon affiliate account, but last summer they shut down their program in CA over some tax dispute with the legislature.  So, no more Amazon commissions for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!