Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lamictal Day 56, 150 mgs: Dry Mouth Creating Sleep Problems

With my husband out of town, and all the stress we've been having lately due at least in part to my mood disorder, that I would take the opportunity to just let my body do what it needed to in terms of sleep.  I've been going to bed when I feel like it, usually between 2:30 and 3, and getting up (sometimes with my alarm, sometimes without) around 11 or 11:30.

The quality of my sleep has been much higher since I started doing this.  Last night was an exception.  I felt sleepy by 2:30.  I turned out the light and started drifting off ... only to have to get up to pee every 15 minutes. The last time I looked at the clock it was nearly 4 am.  I was up at 11:30, and 7 and a half hours is really not enough for me.  I could have let myself sleep in even later, but I really don't like getting up after noon.  It just feels wrong somehow.

I think the titration up to 150 mgs has something to do with this.  My mouth has been dry, I've been exercising hard as I usually do, and I've been drinking tons of water.  When you drink water, you have to pee.  I need to come up with a way to taper off the water in the evening so I can get some damn sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves!